Sunday, September 30, 2007

Mary Lee Murphy, draft

my grandmother
my grandmother

My dad's mom, who we call 'Maw-maw' for some reason, passed away two months ago. Her husband, my dad's stepdad and my Granddad Murphy, passed away about three months prior to that. I've been meaning to try doing some drawings of them of late, but life has been pretty hectic.

My dad's birthday is coming up, so I'm going to see if I can do some artwork for his present. This is my first draft of what I had in mind.

It looks sorta like her. I've got to do some more work, as this picture is based on a photo of her when she was 13 or 14. She looks a lot like my dad, and that's not really communicated in this picture.

So. Back to the drawing board, as it were.

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a new post!
    Also, based on this picture that's where you get your eyes... in a very odd way she looks a lot like you here... not sure why other than the eyes.

    ReplyDelete