Monday, April 04, 2011

My UFO Abduction, or How I Won't Become a Hoarder

I come from a long line of pack-rats. Pack-rats who like to make things. And though I love the significant creativity and the willingness to explore that comes from such a heritage, I also dread the possible results. Specifically too much stuff. And too many unfinished projects.

The Sew Weekly's challenge last week was to make a UFO: Unfinished Object. Though I still haven't finished any projects for this past week, I appreciate the challenge. It really is important to finish what you start, whenever possible. I actually think it's a bit of a foible of mine; I feel that people should do what they say they're going to do, yet I have mountains of unfinished projects. Just look:


That, my friends, is the top shelf to my newly "organized" craft room. And that top shelf does not have just random stuff thrown on it. It has unfinished projects thrown on top of it. And that's not even including my fabric stash, for which I have projects in mind for almost every single piece. That stash is a whole other shelf-full. This, my friends, is not only sad. For a child of packrat culture, it's dangerous. Have you seen my parents' house? (No offense, and much love, Mom and Dad!)

Tilly and the Buttons recently made a post about finding sewing time. (If anything, just go to the post to see her fun "line" graph.) She's asking for folks to monitor their sewing time and just how to find more (or if they need more). I am thinking I may participate with her for the next week or so. Just because I have so much time. ;P

Actually, what I really think I'd like to do is set up a goal of sorts: one or two UFOs a week, and work on one "new" project. I have a deadline in mind for the Crepe sew-along, so I really need to get started on that. I figure, that will be my "new" project. I'll try to post my progress on the UFOs, too.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I have been working on my UFO's for the past, well, forever. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a hoarder , I'm a collector (Ha)!

    ReplyDelete