Sunday, October 02, 2011

Dr Sketchy's: Valeria Voxx




I went to the Baltimore Dr. Sketchy's event this past Monday at The WindUp Space, where Valeria Voxx was posing. For those unfamiliar, you have figure drawing sessions with burlesque dancers as the models.

It's quite fun, though my drawing skills definitely need to be brushed up. They have little contests as well, where you can win prizes donated by various vendors. Mainly Atomic Books, which is a store that I swoon over every time I get to visit.

For these contests, the audience actually gets to choose their favorite. They are simple, no-pressure contests in which you get to incorporate something random into the figure drawing itself.

For better or for worse, here are my contributions and their required theme:

"Tentacles"


"Muppets"



Not amazing in terms of artistic finesse, but it was still fun to do. The cool part is that I actually won the audience vote on both contests!

Here are my lovely Atomic Book prizes:


A Gil Elvgren pin-up girl calendar

Detail, Source: Free Style



Rift, by James Jean, an artist you should definitely check out!


Swoon!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! What fantastic prizes and drawings! Well done! I'm rather jealous! hehe! ;)

    ReplyDelete