Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Quiet Zone

Apologies for the quiet you'll likely notice over here for the next week or so. I am working on a few projects, but also have some major obligations over the next seven days.

I have an outfit to finish for The Sew Weekly Circle's Traveling Lace & Notions exchange, on which I'll post more once my recipient actually gets to receive my little contribution to her notions stash. I had quite the generous contributor to mine, and I'd like to use some of it for an upcycled dress.  Pictures will ensue, once the outfit is completed.

I am off to see Cirque du Soleil tomorrow night, so I won't be up to much then other than spectating a spectacle of spectacles.

Then there's a festival that I'm hoping to attend on Saturday to hang with family, and violin to practice (almost down to the last two weeks before my performance!), and a hiking and camping trip that I'm still in the process of pinning down.

The camping trip is the big time taker right now, as it'll be three days and two or three nights. I still haven't figured out my packing. Or my food list, much less what I actually have and/or need to buy. Oh bother. I just remembered I need more hiking socks.

Anyhow. It'll be quiet.  I'm sorry for the break, but I'll try to make it worth your while upon my return.

In the meantime, please enjoy my new fabric addition to my stash:



It's apparently vintage from the 40's so I'm nervous about caring for it properly and choosing a good project for it.  Isn't it cute though? I like the combo of geometric and cherry motifs.


So, any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment