Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Sewing Productivity Project, Day 4


Here I am at Day 4... I'm sure you're riveted by my exciting life.

- How many hours per day/week do you sew? none today. just not feeling it.

- What are you spending/wasting the rest of your free time on? work, computer, dinner

- When you do sew, how do you feel before, during and afterwards? Ended the day in a funk, in part because I left my phone at work, I think. Though I have been in a funk relatively regularly these days, so maybe it's just me. Didn't really want to think about sewing today. So I'm just blogging about it.

- What factors are you aware of that impact upon when you make time to sew? mood

- What are you learning about sewing productivity from this process, if anything? What tips can you share? Make sewing seem accessible even when you're preoccupied. Perhaps have some easy tasks to complete without significant calculations (I'm fitting my second muslin, and can't figure out what to change to actually get it to fit. I wasn't up for actually tackling it tonight when I was already in a mood.)


Day 4: Work (including commute) 8:30-6:30 (10 hours)... 71.4%
            Computer 6:30-7:45(1.25 hours)... 8.9%
            Dinner alone, reading a book, and waiting outside for my phone (thanks Lisa!) 
                               7:45-9:15 (1.5 hours)... 10.7%
            Prep for bed/shower/etc 9:15-10 (.75 hour)... 5.4%
            Computer 10-10:30 (.5 hour)... 3.6%

However, I don't want you to feel completely deprived of sewing stuff:

Here's a pic of what work I did last night. I used a thinner. more slippery fabric to start getting a sense of what it will be like to work with the fabrics I have in mind for the Crepe dress:


You can't see it very well, but there are huge tucks taken out in the front, essentially increasing the dart breadth. But the pinheads look like part of the print.I may just try taking out about a half inch to an inch out of the bodice, vertically. I just don't need all that much fabric to cover me.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, this looks really good. The sleeves are laying down nicely and the neckline is shaped so pretty. Wonderful job, I like the fabric. You may just be tried right now, hopefully soon you will be able to sew again. I am enjoying your reports.

    ReplyDelete